|Djokovic and Ferrer playing in Rod Laver Arena at the 2012 Australian Open|
We spent two fantastic days at the Australian Open. It was so exciting to be there!
Some highlights were:
- Last night's session at Rod Laver Arena watching Novak Djokovic beat David Ferrer. Some of the best tennis either of us has ever seen - these guys are incredible. Several rallies of more than 30 strokes! After the match, we can understand why Djokovic is ranked as the best player in the world.
|Djokovic hits a winner from behind|
- Watching Sara Errina and her partner (Vinci) dominate in doubles to move on to the finals! She did lose to Kvitova in singles.
- Seeing Serena Williams lose to Ekaterina Makarova - what a dramatic player, she was a mess!
- Seeing some amazing athletic displays in the wheelchair competition.
|Esther Vergeer, the number one seed|
- Seeing some young American juniors up close on the outer courts.